We often exult the greatness of social media, but in our euphoria we sometimes overlook the dark side of social media. I thought it would be helpful to put together a quick pros and cons list so that if you are engaging with social media for your company that you can go in with eyes wide open.
- Low hard costs compared to traditional marketing like print, television, outdoor, etc.
- Quick, honest, and detailed feedback from the customer.
- Allows for deeper engagements with customers.
- Similar to great brand marketing and customer service, the benefits of doing social media right can last for years.
- Every customer and employee is a potential media outlet: social media is word of mouth on digital steroids.
- In the past, companies that had the most money to spend on marketing often won, today it’s the company that produces great products and experiences for their customers.
View original post 262 more words